Wednesday, September 22, 2021

What new fresh hell is this? (Herstory 1)

I was vaccinated twice. Moderna in January and February 2021. 

I survived the pandemic in a very large metropolitan area: NYC, Brooklyn to be exact. 

In July 2021 scheduled a well-deserved vacation and break from the pandemic stress, NYC stress, teaching art stress and all those Zoom meetings......  

I traveled to rural Maine to a village of a couple of thousand people give or take with antique shops, gemstone shops, coffee shops one good restaurant give or take and even an apothecary.  I wore my loosely fitting but comfortable cotton COVID mask everywhere I went together with my freely flowing cotton dresses and a bandana in my hair. I was free to be me and all the rest..

I was going to make new drawings and paintings for my portolio and I was going to visit my family, especially my beloved grand daughter who was 10 months old at the time.  

It was my first solo adventure, my first "just for me" time and I lavished in my situation for the first few days convinced I had found a slice of heaven of sorts. My senses came alive with the sights and sounds and smells and the tastes and .... what was that fifth sense again?  Sorry: my brain fog. 

There was a rushing river and there were meadows and fountains.  Fountains? No I don't think there were fountains. I am not sure. Sorry: my brain fog.

Brain fog. But I do remember hiking up wondrous small mountains to far off peaks, and finding mica in the soil and......

Actually I have the mica with me in a tiny pile on my desk back in Brooklyn so I know I definitely climbed there, right?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                                             Go to Herstory 2 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Delayed Recovery After Exercise Found in ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia

  Delayed Recovery After Exercise Found in ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2022/02/16/delayed-recovery-exercise-fi...