Sunday, October 10, 2021

A Long Covid Patient Contributes Her Words Here

I am very happy to feature the words of Carole Terrizzi below.

While she and I are "co-workers" (we are both Professors in Residence) for a large, public university, we did not know each other very well until this experience.

Now for better or for worse, that has changed and we text each other very frequently.  Every day.  Long Covid is isolating.

     "Covid has changed my life. It has taken away my essence and my peace. I was fully vaccinated in April 2021 but contracted the virus in late August. My symptoms were mostly that of a very bad sinus headache and nausea. I never thought I had Covid. From my symptoms I really thought I had a brain tumor. I took myself to the emergency room and they said I had Covid. I got monoclonal antibodies."

     "The headache and nausea were incredible for about a week and then subsided. About a week later I got sick again. Nausea every day.. brain fog.. tingling in my legs. Aches and pains. So hard to sleep."

     "Anyway now it’s October and I’m still sick I’ve been to the emergency room five times. Oh I forgot the high blood pressure. I have seen my GP at least 5 times, and a neurologist and soon a gastro doctor." 

     "I am convinced I have something deadly. I am ridden with anxiety. For now, that’s my story. I’m sad… depressed and I feel like I will never be well again."


Would you like to contribute your words, experience, art work, poems, vents, rants about Long Covid here? Please email your contribution to me at triadasamaras@gmail.com If you wish to remain anonymous I will not post your name. Triada













1 comment:

  1. I have really enjoyed getting to know Triada. She has been such a comfort to me because we are both individuals with breakthrough Covid cases and long haul symptoms. Not too many people believe us…

    ReplyDelete

Delayed Recovery After Exercise Found in ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia

  Delayed Recovery After Exercise Found in ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2022/02/16/delayed-recovery-exercise-fi...